anyone familiar with cryptolocker

RsgpDeals

basically i had an email from a mail company saying an item has been detained with an attachment. long story short i downloaded it and it opened as .zip in winrar, i didnt open anything when it opened in winrar and deleted it after i downloaded it. i've scanned my pc with malware bytes and it doesnt come up with anything but im still worried. can anyone help?

thanks

If you are affected by cryptolocker, you are not able to access your files as they will be encrypted. But since malwarebytes does not detect anything and if you can access files, you should be fine at the moment. 

Some things you can do is to look for any weird processes running in the background for example.

It could be encrypted so your AV wont detect it

7 hours ago, Charlotte said:

If you are affected by cryptolocker, you are not able to access your files as they will be encrypted. But since malwarebytes does not detect anything and if you can access files, you should be fine at the moment. 

Some things you can do is to look for any weird processes running in the background for example.

Some cryptolockers have a timer so that it bypasses the antivirus scan.

i agree on this part:

"Some things you can do is to look for any weird processes running in the background for example."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RsgpDeals said:

basically i had an email from a mail company saying an item has been detained with an attachment. long story short i downloaded it and it opened as .zip in winrar, i didnt open anything when it opened in winrar and deleted it after i downloaded it. i've scanned my pc with malware bytes and it doesnt come up with anything but im still worried. can anyone help?

thanks

if you didnt run anything there is nothing to worry about,

on secound thought there is, why do you download unknown attachments?

22 minutes ago, RsgpDeals said:

thanks

@Mio

Just now, gearing said:

if you didnt run anything there is nothing to worry about,

on secound thought there is, why do you download unknown attachments?

I've been sending a few parcels recently, and one was sent to china and it said it could've been counterfeit goods so i thought it was genuine tbh

5374720589824d9c298fa98e13837ebf.png
https://gyazo.com/5374720589824d9c298fa98e13837ebf

4 minutes ago, RsgpDeals said:

I've been sending a few parcels recently, and one was sent to china and it said it could've been counterfeit goods so i thought it was genuine tbh

5374720589824d9c298fa98e13837ebf.png
https://gyazo.com/5374720589824d9c298fa98e13837ebf

dealing with the devil aka china

i gave up on alibaba dropshipping, cuase once i wanted to order larger amounts i met language barriers ( they sent me different specs and colour sample ) LOL