Clients crashing / memory leak

NinjadGuy

Sometimes clients are crashing, happens only on 1 comp.

I noticed the memory usage is higher on this comp, it can reach up to like 1100mb, and eventually it will crash.

Both comps are i7 6700, the only difference is one has an integrated gpu and the other has a dedicated gpu.

I tried updating the java version (using latest jdk 32 bit now), nothing has changed.

Any idea what could cause it? could the gpu have anything to do with that? (happens on the one with the dedicated gpu)

2 hours ago, Token said:

Java allocates a lot of memory on unix systems, so easiest fix is switching to windows if the .118 client didn't fix your memory issues

I'm using windows7 64 bit on both comps, same script, same cpu, on 1 comp clients don't crash, on the other they do.

Any idea what could be causing it?

29 minutes ago, NinjadGuy said:

I'm using windows7 64 bit on both comps, same script, same cpu, on 1 comp clients don't crash, on the other they do.

Any idea what could be causing it?

You could debug it. I'm not sure if a java crash shows under event viewer. Maybe you have some sort of corrupted DLL or your CPU is a little bit broken. It's hard to tell without actually owning the pc and debugging it. But has this issue happened before or did it just start with this update? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Satire said:

You could debug it. I'm not sure if a java crash shows under event viewer. Maybe you have some sort of corrupted DLL or your CPU is a little bit broken. It's hard to tell without actually owning the pc and debugging it. But has this issue happened before or did it just start with this update? 

Actually it happend on .114 as well. Couldn't find anything under the event viewer.

Well cpu usage is about 3% per client and 30% total on this comp (60% with spikes), so it shouldn't cause the crash, no?

The clients that are crashing are only the ones with 1100mb+ mem usage (doesn't happen on all the clients).

I think I've updated some stuff, I will try reverting it.

Worst case scenario I will try formatting the PC.

4 minutes ago, NinjadGuy said:

Actually it happend on .114 as well. Couldn't find anything under the event viewer.

Well cpu usage is about 3% per client and 30% total on this comp (60% with spikes), so it shouldn't cause the crash, no?

The clients that are crashing are only the ones with 1100mb+ mem usage (doesn't happen on all the clients).

I think I've updated some stuff, I will try reverting it.

Worst case scenario I will try formatting the PC.

I want you to right click on "my pc" under the explorer and click on manage. Go to device manager and tell me if there are any drivers that have a yellow  "?" on it.  It's normal for some things but if there's one under CPU, display driver or anything that's important, it may be the cause of this.  a9e1a1f10f.png Especially check for processors. If you see anything yellow with a ? it means there's a problem with the chipset. But that may not be the problem, if it wasn't happening before and started happening after a certain update there are only 2 things that could've happened.
#1 You downloaded or installed a program that screwed with your pc drivers

#2 You have a corrupt driver or dll. 

The only real way to check is try to play a game on that pc that throttles the CPU and see if your game crashes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satire said:

I want you to right click on "my pc" under the explorer and click on manage. Go to device manager and tell me if there are any drivers that have a yellow  "?" on it.  It's normal for some things but if there's one under CPU, display driver or anything that's important, it may be the cause of this.   Especially check for processors. If you see anything yellow with a ? it means there's a problem with the chipset. But that may not be the problem, if it wasn't happening before and started happening after a certain update there are only 2 things that could've happened.
#1 You downloaded or installed a program that screwed with your pc drivers

#2 You have a corrupt driver or dll. 

The only real way to check is try to play a game on that pc that throttles the CPU and see if your game crashes. 

Yeah no yellow "?" under CPU / display driver. I think I've updated the GPU driver recently, I will try reinstalling it.

Yeah I don't think it's the chipset as I've ran plenty of clients on this comp with no crashes (I used to run 30 clients on this comp, no crashes).

Thanks for the help.

10 minutes ago, NinjadGuy said:

Yeah no yellow "?" under CPU / display driver. I think I've updated the GPU driver recently, I will try reinstalling it.

Yeah I don't think it's the chipset as I've ran plenty of clients on this comp with no crashes (I used to run 30 clients on this comp, no crashes).

Thanks for the help.

I don't think osbot uses your gpu, only CPU. RS is a CPU intensive game (other than RS3 which uses your gpu). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Satire said:

I don't think osbot uses your gpu, only CPU. RS is a CPU intensive game (other than RS3 which uses your gpu). 

Yeah GPU load is 0%, but that's the only thing I can think of that is different. Faulty CPU can cause the clients to use 1200mb~ memory and crash? (cpu usage remains low)

Comp1; i7 6700, intel hd 530, clients don't crash.

Comp2; i7 6700, r7 260x, clients do crash, only started happening in the last week or so. I'm pretty sure some auto update was activated for the GPU driver like 2 days before it started. *Using the same script.

Even when botting on 90%-100% cpu usage, clients wouldn't crash (currently I'm at around 30%-60%).

I also thought it'd be weird that the GPU could cause that, that's why I opened this topic.

Edited by NinjadGuy

2 hours ago, NinjadGuy said:

Yeah GPU load is 0%, but that's the only thing I can think of that is different. Faulty CPU can cause the clients to use 1200mb~ memory and crash? (cpu usage remains low)

Comp1; i7 6700, intel hd 530, clients don't crash.

Comp2; i7 6700, r7 260x, clients do crash, only started happening in the last week or so. I'm pretty sure some auto update was activated for the GPU driver like 2 days before it started. *Using the same script.

Even when botting on 90%-100% cpu usage, clients wouldn't crash (currently I'm at around 30%-60%).

I also thought it'd be weird that the GPU could cause that, that's why I opened this topic.

Memory and CPU usage are 2 different things. RAM is basically a storage device for specific things like textures, game models, player models etc... CPU is just a chip that does calculations and shit. It is basically the chip that processes all of the loops and stuff ( I can't really explain it without going very in-depth). 

Have you tried playing a game with that CPU? Try play a game like league of legends, overwatch or any CPU intensive game.  Cpu usage doesn't make much of a difference unless it starts to bottleneck (usually around 85-99%+ usage).  I don't really know what could be causing it. If you really want to solve your problem, use windows 10. Windows 10's updater will literally solve all your problems! I used to have a few problems with my drivers and I had many yellow "?" and after windows 10 update, they all went away. So if you upgraded it to windows 10, then it might fix your problem automatically. 

I think you may need to upgrade or re-format your pc. Not really sure what's causing your problems sorry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Satire said:

Memory and CPU usage are 2 different things. RAM is basically a storage device for specific things like textures, game models, player models etc... CPU is just a chip that does calculations and shit. It is basically the chip that processes all of the loops and stuff ( I can't really explain it without going very in-depth). 

Have you tried playing a game with that CPU? Try play a game like league of legends, overwatch or any CPU intensive game.  Cpu usage doesn't make much of a difference unless it starts to bottleneck (usually around 85-99%+ usage).  I don't really know what could be causing it. If you really want to solve your problem, use windows 10. Windows 10's updater will literally solve all your problems! I used to have a few problems with my drivers and I had many yellow "?" and after windows 10 update, they all went away. So if you upgraded it to windows 10, then it might fix your problem automatically. 

I think you may need to upgrade or re-format your pc. Not really sure what's causing your problems sorry. 

I see.

I tried playing LoL but my GPU was causing problems :x If I can't manage to solve it I will try upgrading to win10 / re-formatting.

Thank you for the help!