Be careful with doing business over paypal!

aloevera

Hey guys,
I wanted to raise some awareness regarding buying/selling gold and accounts over paypal.

the Paypal terms of condition rule:

9de5ec5241ff622fa2075809e06d9d19.png

So a few days ago one of my Paypal accounts got blocked for 180 days because I made too many payments to friends and family
They do not make enough money of those transactions so those greedy whores after too many of them just kick you from using their platform

Don't let the same happen to you

edit:

source: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#3

Edited by aloevera
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aloevera said:

I am not asking for sympathy...

Made this post to make people aware of this rule so that they wont make the same mistake as me

oh alright, it should be quite common sense though. i personally advise most people who sell me gold to take goods payments to avoid dilemmas like yours

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

oh alright, it should be quite common sense though. i personally advise most people who sell me gold to take goods payments to avoid dilemmas like yours

Well I am sure that there are a lot of people who are not aware that they will close your account for it and,
Prefer receiving those payments.
You can not dispute charges that are send over friends and family only as unauthorized  so it feels safer to receive those payments as a seller

It's a cost of business. We do it because PayPal also has a failed dispute system that allows for chargebacks. At least with friends and family there's a little more security. PayPal isn't an upstanding company, but is only used because it's the biggest and has a lot of connections around the world. 

That being said, every time I send as friends and family I understand the risk involved.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2017 at 0:12 PM, Jordan said:

It's a cost of business. We do it because PayPal also has a failed dispute system that allows for chargebacks. At least with friends and family there's a little more security. PayPal isn't an upstanding company, but is only used because it's the biggest and has a lot of connections around the world. 

That being said, every time I send as friends and family I understand the risk involved.

I have to agree with every word of this, no doubt.

• 3 years later...

Just a note to people reading the thread: A lot of sellers require people to use friends and family when selling via paypal to ensure they aren't able to chargeback after the purchase. Seeing as selling online goods (especially when its something like an osrs account) it's pretty easy to win a dispute just by saying: "I didn't make this transaction". 

Super shitty PayPal have done that though, hope you didn't lose much 😛