[Serious] Your friendly Black Member part 2 [Dear White People Triggering]

Qubit

Since i'm the local Black person I thought it would be great for me to bring up any concerns that triggered members have of the recent release of a trailer for an upcoming Netflix series called 'Dear White People'. Post away 

Trailer:

Proof I am North American Minority Representative of Osbot [Offical Tag in Pending Process]: 

Up next, is my assigned poster rank anyway related to my skin color.

Edited by Qubit

Any statement made about any ethnic group that is generalization based on a blanket statement is false. ( ethnic groups are a very bad classification system )

Generalizations are not racist .

Comedians have a right to make jokes about any content no matter how obscene but they don't have a right too others laughs.

Comedians can also be personally racist.

For example Idubbz uses the statement "********faggot" to refer to himself which is both equally derogatory to gays and blacks but, no one hits him for the gay part. 

This is very different from a openly racist comedian calling random people "********s" .

Intent is more important then the actually words when it comes to this.

The show has a right to exist from a legal perspective but, the idea of making white people seem racist or ignorant as a generalization can be a joke. The real question is 

1. is it funny within its context

2. is it to push a narrative and the joke format is only a cover up

3. was the writers intent to create a racist joke to appease black racist.

more context on racist remarks

a white man calling a black man a "********" is not always racist

the white man may have no problem or care about black people as a whole but only use the word to hurt the person the insult is thrown out ;

hence even if a person of one groups throws a racial insult towards a member of another racial group does not mean the person who spoke the word is a racist.

The movie is fine if it is generally funny but if its clearly anti white by the majority then I would consider it no better then the early black slave humor