and they complain bohttps://osbot.org/forum/topic/115731-and-they-complain-bout-trump/ut trump

Arjen

2 minutes ago, ThatIrishSOB said:

Wage gap is a myth but ok, keep lying about that.

Do you know how much welfare blacks receive? How much money we've pumped into the poor through welfare programs while not changing the poverty line whatsoever? Libertarian my ass, you're regurgitating every progressive talking point known to man.

No dude it's not.... Again you just spewing far right shit you hear on forums. I don't think anyone believes that welfare programs actually help many people, or are even targeted to help improve the status of minorities, wtf? Your just dumb, yea you got me im a leftist because Im not blind to the fact that people have been oppressed 

3 minutes ago, Juggles said:

I don't understand people who still use the slavery card. Slavery hundreds of years ago has no effect on you 

Slavery ended 150 years ago, Sharecropping ended 60 years ago, Jim crow laws ended 60 years ago.. Yea dude no affect whatsoever on me or my family.

14 minutes ago, Qubit said:

No dude it's not.... Again you just spewing far right shit you hear on forums. I don't think anyone believes that welfare programs actually help many people, or are even targeted to help improve the status of minorities, wtf? Your just dumb, yea you got me im a leftist because Im not blind to the fact that people have been oppressed 

Slavery ended 150 years ago, Sharecropping ended 60 years ago, Jim crow laws ended 60 years ago.. Yea dude no affect whatsoever on me or my family.

Were you born into Jim crow? Are you a slave? No? Then stop acting like a victim, cause you're not

3 minutes ago, ThatIrishSOB said:

Were you born into Jim crow? Are you a slave? No? Then stop acting like a victim, cause you're not

My uncle was put on the front lines of vietnam for being black, my grandpa went through the jim crow law, my great grandpa went through partial slavery, my parents lived through the jim crow law. So yea, it does affect me. My family worked 100 of times harder than an average white person to be where I am, it does affect me.

Edited by Qubit

54 minutes ago, Qubit said:

My uncle was put on the front lines of vietnam for being black, my grandpa went through the jim crow law, my great grandpa went through partial slavery, my parents lived through the jim crow law. So yea, it does affect me. My family worked 100 of times harder than an average white person to be where I am, it does affect me.

How old were your parents when they lived through Jim Crow? Even if they were toddlers when it ended, they'd have to be over 60 years old now. If they actually lived through and experienced it, they'd be really, really old by now. So that tells me you're either lying, or greatly exaggerating how much they actually went through.

Just because your family lived through these things doesn't equate to you being oppressed. You've failed to give me a single example of how you, personally, have been oppressed by anyone or anybody. You live in a victimhood complex.

1 hour ago, ThatIrishSOB said:

How old were your parents when they lived through Jim Crow? Even if they were toddlers when it ended, they'd have to be over 60 years old now. If they actually lived through and experienced it, they'd be really, really old by now. So that tells me you're either lying, or greatly exaggerating how much they actually went through.

Just because your family lived through these things doesn't equate to you being oppressed. You've failed to give me a single example of how you, personally, have been oppressed by anyone or anybody. You live in a victimhood complex.

They were preschoolers. I can give you anecdotal examples of my family, e.g My grandpa because of the shitty economic status blacks were given, my moms dad and grandpa were impoverished and built a house out of debris from the 1938 hurricane in NE.  At the age of 17 my grandpa got sent to war having to fight for a country that hated an oppressed blacks, he and others were treated like shit and given the bare minimum. My great uncle survived pearl harbor and was injured and never returned the war, came back to a country the refused to respect him, give him a chance, or give him a job. Nevertheless, jim crow law, wildly active and blacks were publicly oppressed. My parents all through they're life up until the late 90's was racially discriminated against. Refused to given jobs, beaten, chased with chainsaws, jumped, pulled over by cops for no reason, beaten by cops. Luckily my parents were able to obtain an education at state universities. There is much more to this, but again it is quite anecdotal and doesn't qualify as much.  I was lucky enough to be in a better position than other blacks in this country. Lucky enough my parents were able to provide me with proper education by moving me to a private school, where I was harshly discriminated against by my peers and teachers. I transferred private school twice because of this. I've only been in a white dominated school my whole life, I've been ostracized by many for my skin color many times. Pulled over by cops for nothing. Chased down through a park in an undercover vehicle for no reason. My father is in law enforcement and because of that, I've been able to avoid many encounters with police. Now remind you, where I am, is because of the hard work and determination my parents received. A part of it, was luck. Many blacks are not given the opportunities I have today because of a systematic and social oppression from whites not to long ago bro. As we all know most problems in the world are inherited by social economics problems. Which is why the cycle of poverty is so evident, in the whole world.

Currently I go to a top 15 STEM university in the country, I am pursing a B.S in Computer Science and 2 minors in Discrete Math and Data Science and plan on furthering my education after that. Through my hard work and dedication I probably still wouldn't be in the position I am today. With the help of my parents, minority progressive centers, private donors for scholarships and more, I wouldn't even be closely to the position I am today. Don't tell me I live a victim-hood complex when you don't know me or the things I or my family have gone through or nevertheless what many blacks in this country have gone through. Your arrogance is part of the root of why we are in this position today. There is much more stories and examples I can give you, but I think this should suffice. 

Edited by Qubit
  • Like 1

A country that hates and oppresses blacks yet fought a civil war in which 600,000 people died in order to end slavery. 

" Currently I go to a top 15 STEM university in the country, I am pursing a B.S in Computer Science and 2 minors in Discrete Math and Data Science and plan on furthering my education after that."

Then you aren't oppressed. Ok glad we got that out of the way.

11 minutes ago, ThatIrishSOB said:

A country that hates and oppresses blacks yet fought a civil war in which 600,000 people died in order to end slavery. 

" Currently I go to a top 15 STEM university in the country, I am pursing a B.S in Computer Science and 2 minors in Discrete Math and Data Science and plan on furthering my education after that."

Then you aren't oppressed. Ok glad we got that out of the way.

1. The Civil war wasn't fought over slavery.  2. In your last statement, you went full retard

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qubit said:

1. The Civil war wasn't fought over slavery.  2. In your last statement, you went full retard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

"The war had its origin in the factious issue of slavery, especially the extension of slavery into the western territories" I know it's a sin to cite wikipedia, but saying the civil war wasn't fought over slavery is a flat out lie. You're doing that a lot.

And no, sorry, you aren't oppressed. You having experiences with racist people =/= systemic racism exists. If systemic racism really did exist, you wouldn't be allowed to go to a top STEM school. You. Aren't. A. Victim.

15 hours ago, ThatIrishSOB said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

"The war had its origin in the factious issue of slavery, especially the extension of slavery into the western territories" I know it's a sin to cite wikipedia, but saying the civil war wasn't fought over slavery is a flat out lie. You're doing that a lot.

And no, sorry, you aren't oppressed. You having experiences with racist people =/= systemic racism exists. If systemic racism really did exist, you wouldn't be allowed to go to a top STEM school. You. Aren't. A. Victim.

The Union went to war with the South, in order to keep the Union together. Slavery became a factor of it while the war began, but wasn't the main intention of the Union. The South try to recede because of the restrictions, tariffs, and trade the Union tried to impose on them, as they believed the Union did not properly represent them. Nevertheless the fact that Civil War debating was fought of slavery doesn't add any substance to your argument because as I merely before, laws like Jim Crow law were implemented and it is quite evident Blacks were not in total accepted by the people. By the way, tell me else where I made up a lie.

When blacks are stopped more than whites, arrested more than whites, sentenced longer than whites, that is systematic racism. Officers enforce the law of the country. If they are being racially bias by implication, the system is inherently racist.

All in all you keep moving your argument after I keep debunking it. You began with, no blacks are oppressed and it doesn't affect us today, to individually saying that I am oppressed. Secondly you have this idea that only the government can oppress a group of minorities. Which is totally wrong as people and society can oppress people too.  

49 minutes ago, Qubit said:

The Union went to war with the South, in order to keep the Union together. Slavery became a factor of it while the war began, but wasn't the main intention of the Union. The South try to recede because of the restrictions, tariffs, and trade the Union tried to impose on them, as they believed the Union did not properly represent them. Nevertheless the fact that Civil War debating was fought of slavery doesn't add any substance to your argument because as I merely before, laws like Jim Crow law were implemented and it is quite evident Blacks were not in total accepted by the people. By the way, tell me else where I made up a lie.

Ok, then you acknowledge that one of the main reasons the civil war was fought was because of slavery. That flies in the face of your claim that this country hates black people. Why would we fight a war to end your enslavement if we hated you?

50 minutes ago, Qubit said:

When blacks are stopped more than whites, arrested more than whites, sentenced longer than whites, that is systematic racism. Officers enforce the law of the country. If they are being racially bias by implication, the system is inherently racist.

When you compare the amount of blacks in prison with the amount of crimes they commit, they are actually underrepresented.

51 minutes ago, Qubit said:

All in all you keep moving your argument after I keep debunking it. You began with, no blacks are oppressed and it doesn't affect us today, to individually saying that I am oppressed. Secondly you have this idea that only the government can oppress a group of minorities. Which is totally wrong as people and society can oppress people too.  

I'm not moving my argument, I'm trying to clarify how you feel that you personally have been oppressed, because according to you, it's a big issue. You cannot claim that systemic racism exists simply because you have had experiences with racist people. For systemic racism to exist it must be explicitly and consistently enforced by the government. Racist people existing =/= systemic racism. The fact that you're going to a top school while being black directly contradicts your claim that you are being oppressed. If you were truly oppressed, you would have never been given that opportunity. 

• Like 1