• HP Spectre x360
    • HP Spectre 13
    • Asus Zenbook UX300+
    • Dell XPS 13
    • Razer stealth
    • Lenovo Yoga
    • Acer swift 7
    • Macbook pro - new

Hi, I'm looking for ultrabook recommendations, preferably from people that have actually used the laptops that they suggest.

On reviews you read on google, you don't hear about things like screen cracking from average day to day use with the spectre x360, or how quickly the asus zenbooks overheat, or how loud the fan is on the asus zenbook, etc.

So yeah, if you have any experience with ultrabooks I'd love to hear your recommendations on them. Because, as it stands I've come to the conclusion that a macbook is going to be the best option, and well, I really dislike Apple - I'd rather use an alternative biggrin.png

tyty lads

Edited by jackshow
  • Like 1

Would recommend a ASUS had mine for over 5 years now and still runs as smooth as the day i bought it emote3.gif

a zenbook?

Me and nick was watching a good video about the spectre in MB the other week, it had a bunch of tests for things such as durability and performance etc.

pretty sure it was by linus tech tips.

Yeh, Spectre looks really good except the battery life :(

Spectre x360 looks fucking legendary - except that the screen cracks with day to day use, constant crashing and a ton of other problems

Those 2 were my initial conclusions, but with more research I found out that they weren't as great as they were made out to be :(

a zenbook?

Yeh, Spectre looks really good except the battery life sad.png

Spectre x360 looks fucking legendary - except that the screen cracks with day to day use, constant crashing and a ton of other problems

Those 2 were my initial conclusions, but with more research I found out that they weren't as great as they were made out to be sad.png

I mean battery life isn't that big of an issue in my opinion.

Power outlets are so common nowadays, you can walk into any café and charge up practically on the go, whilst you grab a bite to eat.

Even in schools you can just plug in and use.

But with a system as thin as any ultrabook, screen cracking is always a huge risk you take.

I mean battery life isn't that big of an issue in my opinion.

Power outlets are so common nowadays, you can walk into any café and charge up practically on the go, whilst you grab a bite to eat.

Even in schools you can just plug in and use.

But with a system as thin as any ultrabook, screen cracking is always a huge risk you take.

Suppose so for power outlets. But it's still a hassle to carry a charger around with you, they aren't as small as phone chargers sadly.

Screen cracking seems to only be a problem with a select few laptops. 

It really does suck that with everything that gets brought up I still end up concluding that a macbook air is going to be the best option lol.

Hoping to god someone brings up some new ultrabook that I forgot about 

pls some1

a zenbook?

Yeh, Spectre looks really good except the battery life sad.png

Those 2 were my initial conclusions, but with more research I found out that they weren't as great as they were made out to be sad.png

not 100% sure but i think i got this one,

https://www.asus.com/in/Notebooks/K55VM/

not 100% sure but i think i got this one,

https://www.asus.com/in/Notebooks/K55VM/

It looks fairly decent, but it's a bit big, not so much an ultrabook :p

get the new macbook or w/e tht jst came out its super lightweight and better than a macbook air lol :P  

http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs/  this one weighs 2 lbs

http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/  << the new one that came out recently weighs 3 lbs.

weew, a regular macbook looks like a pile of shit.

The macbook pro looks fairly decent actually, I will add that to my list of options, ty

• Like 1

It looks fairly decent, but it's a bit big, not so much an ultrabook :p

weew, a regular macbook looks like a pile of shit.

The macbook pro looks fairly decent actually, I will add that to my list of options, ty

still weigh 2 lb though and pre similar to the new mb pro that was released,  2 lb vs 3lb all up to you smile.png

if i were in ur position and wanted something as close to a ultra book super light weight would prob go with the 2lb one, but if u can go to an apple store and compare both of em :)

Edited by Kittens

still weigh 2 lb though and pre similar to the new mb pro that was released,  2 lb vs 3lb all up to you smile.png

if i were in ur position and wanted something as close to a ultra book super light weight would prob go with the 2lb one, but if u can go to an apple store and compare both of em smile.png

mhmm, I'll go to a store and compare in real life, but id like to know what im looking for exactly before I go, yknow?