Marketplace Control

Zerker

So, Basically as of the last few months we've seen a sudden influx to people joining up, spamming 100 post count and buying Lifetime/Normal Sponsor in attempts to seem "trusted" or as if they were going to stick around.

@Tiber (not so much scammed on his latest acc, but was defo planning it) and @kalemscott are just two of the names that have done this and there are more than don't even upgrade and just deals in secret and end up scamming members.

What I propose is an application only marketplace.

What do I mean by an application only market place?

1) New accounts won't be allowed to trade in the market place other than purchasing/selling to people who have applied and passed

2) all accounts that want to deal in the market place will have to apply and pass screening.

This screening will entail activity on the forums / chatbox(for those who don't so much use the forums), The mods will search for linked profiles.

3) Depending on the scale of their plans of business such as flipping a lot of gold(not just few mil here and there) the Super mods/ Admins can be given a proof of I.D. to prevent them scamming and then coming on another account and trying it again as it will be in storage.  I know this point won't be in favour for some, but those who're legit shouldn't mind at all.

4) In terms of Activity for point 2, you could possibly increase post count to 250+

All members will still be able to buy accounts, buy gold and vouchers from those who have applied and passed. They just won't be able to create threads relating to it until they pass the application process.

Obviously I feel this will stunt the market place a little bit, but I feel in the long run and once a lot of people have passed the right measures it will be a safer environment for all who use osbot for profit.

Edited by Zerker
  • Like 7

Support, maybe modify it a bit by adding a 250 post count along with atleast 14 days of online time to access the marketplace. 

Edit: Also, if implemented maybe issue 2 week bans to the users who dont apply with the conditions?

14 days online time is quite a bit but i fully agree.

maybe 1? 1 1/2 days. 

• Like 1

14 days online time is quite a bit but i fully agree.

maybe 1? 1 1/2 days. 

online time can go up fast. You can just go into the chat box and it counts for forum time.

Literally just afking all day.

Basically what zerker said. I was thinking about making it 24-48 hours but, its too easy to get.

I disagree with the 250 post count, I post on average maybe once every 2 days. For 250 post count, that's going to be over an entire year before getting access to the marketplace.

I think 100 post count is more than enough.

Other limitations would be cool I guess. However, post count I think should remain where it is. Forum activity doesn't even really translate into trusting people much either. If you're a chatbox user, I'm sure that the people you trust the most are those that are active in the chatbox.

As you can actually get a feel for them as a person and develop a friendship; that's much more difficult if not impossible on the forums.

Personally, I don't think post count translates into any sort of trust at all - I also don't think it will prevent any scams. Anyone dedicated enough to do 100 posts, will happily do 250. But now they'll scam more as they've put more effort in.

I think that raising the limit to 250 will slow down market activity a lot.

Otherwise, it's a nice idea to have an application system into the market. I don't think it's realistic though as there's not many staff members and having to deal with the current work load with an additional application process for members will be too much work. Which would have negative impacts on other things that need to be handled.

Well or people can just stop allowing themselves to get scammed and use middlemen. I mean if you know someone is perhaps trying to scam or attempting to scam then don't do business with them and tell your friends not to either. Most likely if a member joins and a day later buys lifetime sponsor or donor or something like that he has been on osbot before because why would you contribute to a community you know nothing about. I'd say if people were just smart and not get rich quick traders a lot less scamming would be going on because it would be harder for scammers. I personally have never been scammed because 1. I don't allow myself to be scammed 2. I do all my trades on the osbot chat 3. I'm not a retard and I can smell a sketchy person like flies can smell shit 4. I just use my brains. Just my opinion I just don't see the need in troubling all new members from using the market just because long time members / new traders cant seem to use the brain they have. 

• Like 1

Well or people can just stop allowing themselves to get scammed and use middlemen. I mean if you know someone is perhaps trying to scam or attempting to scam then don't do business with them and tell your friends not to either. Most likely if a member joins and a day later buys lifetime sponsor or donor or something like that he has been on osbot before because why would you contribute to a community you know nothing about. I'd say if people were just smart and not get rich quick traders a lot less scamming would be going on because it would be harder for scammers. I personally have never been scammed because 1. I don't allow myself to be scammed 2. I do all my trades on the osbot chat 3. I'm not a retard and I can smell a sketchy person like flies can smell shit 4. I just use my brains. Just my opinion I just don't see the need in troubling all new members from using the market just because long time members / new traders cant seem to use the brain they have. 

Because using a middle man negates the chance of being scammed after the middleman has been finished :???:

• Like 1

Using a middleman wont do anything to people getting scammed. Rarely do you see people getting scammed by going first or something, its more about the fact that when dealing with account sales specifically it is almost impossible to determine who to buy from and who not to.

Edited by Decode

I disagree with the 250 post count, I post on average maybe once every 2 days. For 250 post count, that's going to be over an entire year before getting access to the marketplace.

I think 100 post count is more than enough.

Other limitations would be cool I guess. However, post count I think should remain where it is. Forum activity doesn't even really translate into trusting people much either. If you're a chatbox user, I'm sure that the people you trust the most are those that are active in the chatbox.

As you can actually get a feel for them as a person and develop a friendship; that's much more difficult if not impossible on the forums.

Personally, I don't think post count translates into any sort of trust at all - I also don't think it will prevent any scams. Anyone dedicated enough to do 100 posts, will happily do 250. But now they'll scam more as they've put more effort in.

I think that raising the limit to 250 will slow down market activity a lot.

Otherwise, it's a nice idea to have an application system into the market. I don't think it's realistic though as there's not many staff members and having to deal with the current work load with an additional application process for members will be too much work. Which would have negative impacts on other things that need to be handled.

I agree post count doesn't show "trustfulness" but someone spamming to 250 is a lot more noticeable than 100, and would be easier to track them spamming it, but the post count doesn't mean all too much.

The workload could be countered with another moderator to fill that position, or somebody dedicated to that process if viable. 

Because using a middle man negates the chance of being scammed after the middleman has been finished emote32342.png

Every market has its risks but you can minimize the risk by using your head and thinking trades all the way through. Buying accounts or using paypal or any credit card checkout has its risks also but if your doing business with folks who really aren't trusted its not the markets fault you get scammed its yours. If you limit the market to much members will not want to use it at all. Rules are already in place for the market to be secured use your head don't be the fool. 

Edited by Omnificent