Rank Requirements

Mister Slyther

Is it not possible to make the Graphic Designer rank harder to achieve than what it is at the moment? Why is it that any person who opens a Graphics shop in the market gets the rank? This just devalues the rank...

One of the main requirements could be decent work. 

2nd of all Designers should be posting work to show to the community at least twice a week. There are decent decent Designers do who have the rank, and there are Designers in this community who do have the rank, yet poor quality work.

Not trying to attack anyone or make anyone feel bad, but this is how it should be, if the rank does not have any value to it and is easy to achieve then what is the point of having the rank?

3rdly, the community and the Head Designer Dex should be the ones deciding who deserves this rank and who doesn't. Make a poll, just do something that actually gives this rank a value.

Doing this is one way to motivate designers as well to work hard in order to receive this rank. Just like Scripter, and a person who donates many dollars for the Sponsor rank.

Edited by Mister Slyther
  • Like 5

i remember when Thomas (many prob don't even know him) but he's this guy who made many tutorials/gfx related topics such as:

http://osbot.org/forum/topic/92880-what-is-design-part-13/

he worked his ass off for designer rank and made a lot of tuturial vids/guides etc to earn the rank and it was very deserving so yes i'd support

i remember when Thomas (many prob don't even know him) but he's this guy who made many tutorials/gfx related topics such as:

he worked his ass off for designer rank and made a lot of tuturial vids/guides etc to earn the rank and it was very deserving so yes i'd support

Yes I remember him very well, he deserves the rank, that is what I believe.

I usually give it to the people who I see contributing in the graphics section, that includes the shop section of course and people who can present me with a decent portfolio of their work. Everyone who has the rank at least PMd me and showed me a portfolio with their work, I can only recall me giving the rank to someone 1 or 2 times without them literally asking me for the it and showing me a portfolio.

I don't want to be too strict on who I give the rank because there is already a fairly low amount of interest in creating graphics in this community and making the rank too hard to obtain is not going to motivate people either.

We used to have a designer I, II and III rank with each their different permission sets that worked with a point system based on contribution, winning SOTW/SOTM and so on but it was scrapped because it was simply not worth maintaining due to the low amount of interest.

A public poll is also not the way to go for this I think, it's just going to be a popularity contest and people like @Scotty (no offence) will end up with the rank. What I could do next time is forward the designer application to the other designers and ask for their input before deciding.

• Like 1

Yes I remember him very well, he deserves the rank, that is what I believe.

QwPha8E.png I live still!!!   ​