Runescape is slow need some help advice :(

sleim

I am depressed my imac broke and i just bought a new laptop to play rs with. I am no expert but i bought a gamer lapto from asus the g75 model

model:g75vw

my specs is :

processor: intel core i7-3610qm 2.30 Ghz, 2301 Mhz, 4 cores.

Amount of ram: 32 gb.

Graphic card: Nvidia geforce GTX 370M

when i asked in runescape they laughed and said theres something really weird if those specs makes runescape go slow.

its like when i click the yellow thing does slow mo in rs and when i rotate it feels so laggy...

Please help would really appreciate it.

what i tried so far:

- downloaded cc cleaner

- updated java

- tried the official client (it actually made it a little better but i need to play on rsbuddy),

- tried using cat-5 cable instead of wifi (nothing happened).

- looked how much cpu usage was in use and it said 17% total when runescape was running.

- tried using more ram when running java (nothing happened).

if you can give me anymore tips that could help me out i would really appreciate it :)

hey guys ty for the answers. the guy i bought this laptop from did a fresh install. i just tried updating system no results on rs perfomance. i noticed when theres not many ppl in a world it works perfectly.. but when im in like w 2 with a lot of ppl its so slow :(

will it help to use direct x as display and how do i do that on microsoft 10 (enabling it)

hey guys ty for the answers. the guy i bought this laptop from did a fresh install. i just tried updating system no results on rs perfomance. i noticed when theres not many ppl in a world it works perfectly.. but when im in like w 2 with a lot of ppl its so slow sad.png

will it help to use direct x as display and how do i do that on microsoft 10 (enabling it)

If i were you, I would install a fresh win 8.1 iso on it and update it to win10 instead of using the pre packed buildin Windows that is in most laptops.

My laptop always was buggy, Did a fresh install on it every few months, but it was always buggy.

Then I was like fuck it, and formatted the windows that came with the laptop with ancracked windows.

Now its working like a fucking beast.

Edited by WildHunt

If i were you, I would install a fresh win 8.1 iso on it and update it to win10 instead of using the pre packed buildin Windows that is in most laptops.

My laptop always was buggy, Did a fresh install on it every few months, but it was always buggy.

Then I was like fuck it, and formatted the windows that came with the laptop with ancracked windows.

Now its working like a fucking beast.

nice but the weird thing is that im running youtube vid other games like a beast.... but a simple game like runescape 2007 is slow thats what i dont get :(

I am depressed my imac broke and i just bought a new laptop to play rs with. I am no expert but i bought a gamer lapto from asus the g75 model

model:g75vw

my specs is :

processor: intel core i7-3610qm 2.30 Ghz, 2301 Mhz, 4 cores.

Amount of ram: 32 gb.

Graphic card: Nvidia geforce GTX 370M

when i asked in runescape they laughed and said theres something really weird if those specs makes runescape go slow.

its like when i click the yellow thing does slow mo in rs and when i rotate it feels so laggy...

Please help would really appreciate it.

what i tried so far:

- downloaded cc cleaner

- updated java

- tried the official client (it actually made it a little better but i need to play on rsbuddy),

- tried using cat-5 cable instead of wifi (nothing happened).

- looked how much cpu usage was in use and it said 17% total when runescape was running.

- tried using more ram when running java (nothing happened).

if you can give me anymore tips that could help me out i would really appreciate it smile.png

as i was reading the comments i see you said you purchased it from someone? do you have a close realtionship with this someone im assuming you purchased it on the streets or craigslist and some pcs are just absolutely fucked unless taken to a tech store cause they have the right utensils to fix it but sometimes that doesnt even work, how well is ur internet connection? i suggest using a internet connection tester browser theres many and if you dont get usual results of fast internet unless uve always had shitty connection then its the pc! some pc owners are completely oblivious to the fact of cleaning there pc! most people dont even know that any program or browser absolutely anything you do on ur pc it creates files to help process out what ur doing and whenever you finish those files are still on ur pc 'its called cleaning ur cookies' if u want to help that clean ur cookies and pc but sometimes the buildup can just completely fuck ur pc 

hey guys ty for the answers. the guy i bought this laptop from did a fresh install. i just tried updating system no results on rs perfomance. i noticed when theres not many ppl in a world it works perfectly.. but when im in like w 2 with a lot of ppl its so slow sad.png

are you playing full resize mode all the way open?

are you playing full resize mode all the way open?

i tried both and when i did the full size mode it helped a little but not much though :(

as i was reading the comments i see you said you purchased it from someone? do you have a close realtionship with this someone im assuming you purchased it on the streets or craigslist and some pcs are just absolutely fucked unless taken to a tech store cause they have the right utensils to fix it but sometimes that doesnt even work, how well is ur internet connection? i suggest using a internet connection tester browser theres many and if you dont get usual results of fast internet unless uve always had shitty connection then its the pc! some pc owners are completely oblivious to the fact of cleaning there pc! most people dont even know that any program or browser absolutely anything you do on ur pc it creates files to help process out what ur doing and whenever you finish those files are still on ur pc 'its called cleaning ur cookies' if u want to help that clean ur cookies and pc but sometimes the buildup can just completely fuck ur pc 

i hear what you say well i bought it from a random guy from a city near me im from denmark :). i did try the cc cleaner but its weird when i play world of warcraft etc. it works smooth,.. :(

by the way when im on the official client everything works really good.. its just when im on osbuddy ... but i need to play on osbuddy when pking to see that xp thing to see if im going to hit high incase i have to spec :P.. is there anything else i can do?

i tried both and when i did the full size mode it helped a little but not much though sad.png

i hear what you say well i bought it from a random guy from a city near me im from denmark smile.png. i did try the cc cleaner but its weird when i play world of warcraft etc. it works smooth,.. sad.png

by the way when im on the official client everything works really good.. its just when im on osbuddy ... but i need to play on osbuddy when pking to see that xp thing to see if im going to hit high incase i have to spec :P.. is there anything else i can do?

osbuddy is laggy for me time to time to :p maybe try uninstalling osbuddy and reinstalling it