Bot Slaughter?

N 1 R

I just had two of my accounts banned yesterday, one of which i hardly even botted on, and as i perused different forums i noticed tons of people all stating they got banned the same day. Several of those were as puzzled as me, stating they hardly had been botting. When they hand out bans do they do it in massive strokes like this appears, or is this coincidence? Secondly, I got double perm bans but ive heard of people getting all variety of ban lengths for botting, from just a few days to up to a year. What effects the ban length? I only had those two accounts, so its not like im some 50 bot gold farmer, but i got perms. Its obviously the risk we all take but im just curious. Well, im off to start anew haha and ill be sure to keep the majority of my goodies on a safe acc this time around. 

no bans this end.

There are many things you can do to manage the risk in botting, ultimately everyone is at risk, but like the stock markets - you can certainly reduce that risk..

I've been botting since way before EOC... here's a few quick tips from the top of my head.

The double perm is probably either;

A) The same IP address on both accounts - you could use VPN on each client - don't change ip address too often, this will probably flag your accounts.

B) The accounts were new, had no membership - no quest points / no in game activity.

C) Script needs improvements - hard to go into depth on this one, but observe the coding / movements - shouldn't be hard to spot a script that's too bot-like.

D) irregular hours - I'm sure this will flag up accounts

• Like 1

Yeah im gonna try doing things much differently this time, i was so close to the stats I wanted for pking that i let the bot run while I slept. Instead of waking up to a massive proggy I got a massive ban haha. Idk why the other one got banned though, havent botted it or even played it much recently. It is what it is though. Im looking into a VPN now but theres a lot of conflicting views about which one to use or whether i should use one at all. The pinned forum post says cyberghost, what do you guys think

• Like 1

Yeah a "ban wave", mod weath doing his job equals a ban wave. Every single monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday must be a ban wave day then.

You do realise they ban in waves right? They ban all the blatant botters within 1-2 days. Then they flag the rest and ban them all at once.

even i experienced ban on my 3 new accounts about 30 hours ago.. i have been babysitting them all, wasted like 8 hours on them, babysitting, talking and replying to strangers. And i get banned on all of them.

i was just testing how chatting and replying to people would affect ban rates.. i guess they dont :P

Also i was using Proxies, it wasnt a chain ban either,