My doge is being put to rest..

DEMONTIME

after 12 years of living with my doge its being put down today, words cannot describe the pain..
anyone know of any ways to feel better about these types of things? its being put down in exactly 2 hours and being honest I can't stop the tears in my eyes..

Edited by Pie

I'm so sorry for your loss! Been through it myself! sad.png

Some tips for you;

Don't let anyone tell you how you feel, and don't tell yourself how to feel either. 
Let yourself feel whatever you feel without embarrassment or jugdment. It's okay to be angry, to cry or not to cry. 
Find moments of joy and let go when you're ready.

Look after yourself.
The stress of losing a pet can quickly deplete your energy and emotional reserves.

If you have other pets, try to maintain your normal routine. 

There are many wonderful reasons to once again share your life with a comanion animal, but the decision of when to do so is a very perosnal one. It may be tempting ot rush out and fill the void left by your pet's death by immediately getting another pet. In most cases, it's best to mourn the old pet first, and wait until you're emotionally ready to open your heart and your home to a new dog/animal. smile.png

Edited by reynes

i know the feel, i had a dog that was with me my entire life, he was 15 year old and i was 18, so basically he was with me all of my time, because y ou dont remember the first 3 years anyway.

we had to put her down because she stopped eating and became so skinny so that it hurt her a lot when she was just laying down... it was so hard to look at

the thing was that it was the best thing to do, so if that's the same case for you then just remember it's for the best