Simple Bcel Bot Example(Updater Not Included)(Git)

House

Well, thanks for the release. Will help some people. Currently studying BCEL to work on a private project myself for experience purposes, maybe this will help me by reading this code.
I made this as a product of studying bcel myself so I hope it's reference material :s I'm pretty sure my methods are efficient / make sense in their situation.

Why are you guys studying BCEL lol? It's so outdated. Why not ObjectWeb ASM?

Because I was told BCEL was better than ASM, I only go off the information I'm given, and considering I was told this by the Computer Science instructor at my local school I figure it would be accurate information, sadly. I trust your judgement over his. I'll definately look into it.

EDIT: It's code like this that just completely destroys my knowledge of conventions.

if ((sleep = loop()) == -1) {
.... if(sleep = loop()) == -1)???Wouldn't that be the same thing as...
if(loop() == -1)
Perhaps you could help me better understand how that works, as it's something i rarely see, and when I do see it... I just stare at it confused.

Why are you guys studying BCEL lol? It's so outdated. Why not ObjectWeb ASM?

It's not outdated! They're on 6.0 and fully support Java 7. The latest build was on Apr 02, 2013 04:20:02 AM UTC! The object-oriented representation of bytecode may result in slower processing, but in my opinion it's much more coherent than the aspect-oriented representation.

Because I was told BCEL was better than ASM, I only go off the information I'm given, and considering I was told this by the Computer Science instructor at my local school I figure it would be accurate information, sadly. I trust your judgement over his. I'll definately look into it.

EDIT: It's code like this that just completely destroys my knowledge of conventions.

if ((sleep = loop()) == -1) {
.... if(sleep = loop()) == -1)??? Wouldn't that be the same thing as...
if(loop() == -1)
Perhaps you could help me better understand how that works, as it's something i rarely see, and when I do see it... I just stare at it confused.

But yeah.. Thanks for this, been wanting to mess around with byte code manipulation. Just didn't know where to start.

Edited by demmonic

It's not outdated! They're on 6.0 and fully support Java 7. The latest build was on Apr 02, 2013 04:20:02 AM UTC! The object-oriented representation of bytecode may result in slower processing, but in my opinion it's much more coherent than the aspect-oriented representation.

last stable release was 5.2 which was released on June 6 2006

• 2 weeks later...