Scripts not updating

Mr def nerd

Okay, so I just started scripting for OSBot, and I have realized that I have to restart the whole client everytime I update my script (Yes, I have the output folder set to the scripts folder). This means that if lets say I want to add another ID to an array I have to restart the whole bot to make the changes happen.. (And yes again I tried using the refresh button in the script selector)

Is there something I am doing wrong or is it the bot itself?

Thanks in advance!

Delete the old script file, then open the client and hit refresh it should no longer be there, then close the client, move the script into the folder and open your client it should be there freshly updated! 

Also make sure it has the right extension like .groovy or .jar not .java or .groovy.txt

Delete the old script file, then open the client and hit refresh it should no longer be there, then close the client, move the script into the folder and open your client it should be there freshly updated!

Also make sure it has the right extension like .groovy or .jar not .java or .groovy.txt

That is the problem, do I really have to restart the client every time I make a change to my script? It is quite tedious to have to close the client then log back in again just to apply a small change Edited by mrsdefnerd

That is the problem, do I really have to restart the client every time I make a change to my script?

Yes, when i try to delete or move local scripts with the client running it says "Sorry - This action cannot be performed as the file(s) you are trying to delete are currently in use"

So with that being said, if your exporting to the script folder with the client going it most likely wont export properly.

That is the problem, do I really have to restart the client every time I make a change to my script?

Yes, when i try to delete or move local scripts with the client running it says "Sorry - This action cannot be performed as the file(s) you are trying to delete are currently in use"

So with that being said, if your exporting to the script folder with the client going it most likely wont export properly.

Hmm, okay, it just felt so weird since this is the first bot I have tried scripting for that doesnt allow you to update scripts while its running

Okay, so I just started scripting for OSBot, and I have realized that I have to restart the whole client everytime I update my script (Yes, I have the output folder set to the scripts folder). This means that if lets say I want to add another ID to an array I have to restart the whole bot to make the changes happen.. (And yes again I tried using the refresh button in the script selector)

Is there something I am doing wrong or is it the bot itself?

Thanks in advance!

Press the "Refresh" button after you copy it over.