Desert Miner [My First Script]

mikey1996

Hello All, 

GUI has been fixed and can be seen below!

I'd just like to say credits are due to a few people as they provided me with the code and knowledge on how to add certain features, so thanks for that. It's not obfuscated so feel free to look at the source code and give me any constructive criticism or just criticism!

Just finished writing my first bot, I still have a lot I could add and make better but I just wanted to share it with the community and get some feedback. I've did a very simple paint to track the statistics, I do plan on making this better!

Features:

Mines A variety of ores at Al-Kharid mining area.

Banks these ore when inventory is full.

Simple GUI to select what pickaxe you are using and what ore you want to mine.

It randomly chooses 1 of 3 paths to walk to and from the bank.

Does click on tabs and moves camera/mouse, not sure if this helps but decided to add it as it can't cause any harm.

Statistic tracker on the screen.

Only starts if you have the required pickaxe.

To-Add:

Fixing Pickaxe when broken.

Checking if the player has the required pickaxe in the bank, if so withdrawing and wielding if possible.

s5hczp.png

9e05a9cf8573f841eaac64a07a12d0fd.png

Download Link:

All I can really say about the features and future plans, if anyone would like me to send them the source code just let me know via private message! 

Thanks and hope you guys will have some feedback for me,

Mikey1996.

Edited by mikey1996
  • Like 3

Gz on release, very nice for a first script for sure. A future suggestion would be to add auto detection of the pickaxe wielded or in inventory on start, to eliminate that option in GUI. Regardless nice scriptsmile.png

Hey thanks! The only reason the pickaxe choice is added in the GUI is so that I can grab the identifier. I am currently working on it being able to go and fix a broken pickaxe. Having the player choose at the start makes this a lot easier!

Working on a Nightmare zone one just now but I'll go back and finish this up tomorrow!

Edited by mikey1996

Hey thanks! The only reason the pickaxe choice is added in the GUI is so that I can grab the identifier. I am currently working on it being able to go and fix a broken pickaxe. Having the player choose at the start makes this a lot easier!

Working on a Nightmare zone one just now but I'll go back and finish this up tomorrow!

Yeah it can definitely be tricky the first time around! After that it becomes much easier! Does OSRS even have the random event that causes broken pickaxes anymore?

Now I've been running it I don't think so lol!

Hahahahah yeah, I read a long time ago that it had been removed because they saw it as pointless, due to the fact that most bots would handle this random event, while actual players who afk would lose out and not handle the random at all. RSWiki also confirmed it has been taken out.

Wanted to say that from the get go, but RSWiki has shafted me at times

• 1 month later...