Better way to detect when in combat?

roguehippo

I was just wondering if there was a better way to detect if i am in combat because when using if(myPlayer().isincombat) it will detect it most of the time but if i am not getting attacked ,like if i was in a safe spot, than it doest really work that well. 

If you found out could you PM me or comment back on this post ? Would be much appreciated, I'm having the same problem and have been trying to fix it all together for awhile now

I usually spam the Scripting Help topics faster than this, the isUnderAttack() and isFighting() methods are a bit vague in my opinion and they aren't exacly what scripters expect, same for getInteracting() as when you stop interacting you are still in combat. There is, however, a more reliable method, namely Character#getCombatTime(). You will have to work with client cycles instead of raw time and instead verify for a given diference in client cycles since last hitsplat which determines if a given Character (don't forget Player extends Character, not only NPC). I know this works for ranged and melee which always yield a hitsplat onhit therefore updating the combat time of that Character instance. For magic however (range too if you want maximum accuracy), you can rely on the Projectiles class. If a projectile is sent from a Character, means that Character is definately attacking someone and their target is locked in combat.

• Like 1

I usually spam the Scripting Help topics faster than this, the isUnderAttack() and isFighting() methods are a bit vague in my opinion and they aren't exacly what scripters expect, same for getInteracting() as when you stop interacting you are still in combat. There is, however, a more reliable method, namely Character#getCombatTime(). You will have to work with client cycles instead of raw time and instead verify for a given diference in client cycles since last hitsplat which determines if a given Character (don't forget Player extends Character, not only NPC). I know this works for ranged and melee which always yield a hitsplat onhit therefore updating the combat time of that Character instance. For magic however (range too if you want maximum accuracy), you can rely on the Projectiles class. If a projectile is sent from a Character, means that Character is definately attacking someone and their target is locked in combat.

i will definitely look into the more in depth way instead of just using underattack as you are right they are a bit vague. thanks for the responce, hopefully i can make my script as perfect as possible for the community!