Osbot 2.2.39 - Advertisements Part 2

Alek

This update will wrap up many of the concerns from yesterday's release which reintroduced advertisements. The banner has now moved to the bottom of screen and has a close button, which will hide the advertisement for 5 seconds. The advertisement is now clickable and will re-direct you.

Changelog:

-Advertisement moved to chatbox area

-Close button removes advert for 5 seconds

-Advertisements are now clickable

If you wish never to see the advertisement, please consider purchasing VIP or Sponsor here.

Thanks for your input,

-The OSBot Staff

• Like 2

Hey man thanks for the update!!!! however I recieve this whenever I try to open the 2.2.39

http://prntscr.com/4zlmwf

Idk if it'll happen to everyone or not, I just wanted to givey ou a heads up on what I am experiencing.

Try re-downloading it. A lot of people are currently downloading the newest version and it's possible there was some sort of error. The full file size is ~6.3MB.

• Like 1

Why do you still work for OSBot if you're the only one doing something? There's no way it's because of the pay.

because he likes to make us happy, shit hes doing a good job at it. And i really appreciate it. Plus he working with 07, im sure the others are dealing with rs3 -.-.

Alek a quick idea that poped into my head. why not create some sort of timer. With an algro, the longer you bot (and maybe the less time you close the adver). The more time you get for how long you get to hide the adver. <~~~ doesnt need to be done, just a suggestion.

• Like 1

I am still confused about why it needs to be covering up part of the game.

Although I must admit this is better than the earlier update, it still hinders those of us working on various scripts. I cant view the current world, and a decent section of the inventory is hidden. If it must be covering the actual game, I feel it should be resized to cover only the chatbox.

Regardless, thanks for reading and for the speedy updates smile.png

Edited by Mink

These new ads are pretty ridiculous. It's basically saying "buy vip or screw off"

There are more bot clients out there and this intrusive type of advertising is pushing me to change clients. 

Im not sure what changed recently to make you guys want to run more intrusive ads but I won't deal with it. Makes me sad as well because i've been using this client for a long time. I hope to see these ads changed soon.

• Administrator

These new ads are pretty ridiculous. It's basically saying "buy vip or screw off"

There are more bot clients out there and this intrusive type of advertising is pushing me to change clients. 

Im not sure what changed recently to make you guys want to run more intrusive ads but I won't deal with it. Makes me sad as well because i've been using this client for a long time. I hope to see these ads changed soon.

We will work on bringing the old system back, but right now you will have to deal with it. For that I apologize, but in the meantime you could buy VIP and not see the ad. Heck maybe even play the private server linked to the ad, most of the time they are very good servers.

To specifically address your concerns:

1. How is this intrusive? We paint a banner over your chatbox which you can hide for a few to see the full game window.

2. We didn't change anything recently, it has always been like this. I think the free users were getting too used to having an ad-free client due to a code bug.

I'm sorry but the advertisements will not be changing again, I've spent enough time on them. Considering the last two updates were dedicated more or less specifically to bring back the advertisement system, I'd like to finally press on with my todo list. Once again, I'm sorry you are displeased with the recent updates (pushing you to change clients), however OSBot still remains the leader as a free botting platform for OSRS.

-Alek